Why are stories still around during an age of science and reason? What does story have to offer us that science doesn’t? Stories tackle a realm outside of the objective, material, scientific world and tell us about the subjective, psychological, spiritual, personal, internal and intangible nature of reality, says Dr. Peterson from his book 12 Rules for […]
WHY WE CONNECT TO MYTH Mythology separates the humans from the apes. The stories we create bring order to society and contribute to evolution and progress. Knowledge was transferred via memory long before mankind built tools for transcribing information, and the use of story allowed for easy recollection. Now that we’ve got tools like Google, the need for memory […]
I haven’t drank alcohol in two years and it’s been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. When I removed alcohol from my life’s equation, I cut out 95% of my life’s poorest decisions and worst habits. A quick disclaimer: this won’t be a sermon on sobriety or why drinking is good or bad […]
It’s Friday afternoon and you’re home from work. You’re contemplating the myriad of options you have at your fingertips — “should I go out tonight?” you wonder, “or maybe stay in and work on that project I’ve been putting off.” It’s been a long week so you decide to go out and hangout with your friends.
Enter your email below and be the first to receive new content!
Most Popular Posts
- The Running List of My Favorite Mind-Blowing Podcast Episodes
- The Running List of My Favorite Game-Changing Books
- My Journey with the Bible: From Insignificance to Psychological Significance
- The Signposts Along the Path
- How Quitting Alcohol Solved 95% of My Bad Habits: An Essay On Sobriety vs. Drinking
- Book Review: A New Earth, Eckhart Tolle
- George Mumford: How to Attain Awareness, Flow & Enlightenment
- The Important Truth About Attention: How to Protect and Cultivate Our Most Valuable Resource